School of Medicine and Public Health Employees:
The Annual Benefits Enrollment (ABE) period, October 1- 26, is the only annual opportunity you have to enroll in or make changes to most of your benefits unless you have an eligible life event (family status or employment change) during the year. Changes made during this period will be effective January 1, 2019.
There are several things you can do now to prepare for ABE:
- Review your current benefits and visit the ABE website wisconsin.edu/abe for 2019 benefits changes.
- Some plans require that you enroll each year to continue your participation. If you are participating in one of these plans, you must enroll each year:
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) including Health Care FSA, Limited Purpose FSA, Dependent Day Care FSA
- Health Savings Account (HSA) requires that you enroll every year you are enrolled in a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP).
- State Group Health Insurance Opt-Out Incentive
- Employees currently enrolled in EPIC Benefits Plus and/or the Dental Wisconsin PPO or Select plans will lose coverage effective January 1, 2019. If you wish to have a supplemental dental benefit, you MUST enroll in either the Delta Dental PPO-Select plan or Delta Dental PPO Plus Premier – Select Plus during ABE.
- Plan to attend your benefits fair to meet with health plan representatives and other benefits vendors. For a list of fairs throughout the UW System: https://www.wisconsin.edu/abe/download/benefitsfairs.pdf
- Ask ALEX: Ask ALEX is an online personalized benefits counselor designed to simplify your ABE benefits election process. Through a series of easy, intuitive questions, ALEX will walk you through benefits options and suggest appropriate plans based on your answers. https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/alex/
- SMPH Open Lab Workshops: The Payroll & Benefits Team will be holding “open labs” where our team will be available to answer your questions on any changes you will be making for the calendar year 2019. Please take advantage of this valuable resource as there are significant changes this year to the Dental Plans that will no longer be available as of January 1, 2019. If you are unable to make any of these open labs, please reach out to your Payroll & Benefits Specialists for your Department, with any questions you may have.
Annual Benefits Enrollment Open Labs:
|October 5, 2018||8:30 AM-12:30 PM||1325 HSLC|
|October 5, 2018||12:30 PM-4:00 PM||1309 HSLC|
|October 8, 2018||12:30 PM-4:00 PM||1309 HSLC|
|October 10, 2018||7:00 AM-10:30 AM||3330 HSLC|
|October 10, 2018||1:00 PM – 3:00 PM||3330 HSLC|
|October 19, 2018||9:00 AM-12:00 PM||3330 HSLC|
|October 24, 2018||1:00 PM – 4:00 PM||3330 HSLC|
Once the Annual Benefits Enrollment period begins on October 1, you will be able to make your 2018 benefits elections using Self Service (eBenefits) via the MyUW portal
“Annual Benefits Enrollment Self Service (eBenefits) Guide” – Self Service Quick Guide
All enrollments and changes must be completed by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, October 26, 2018.
Please contact your Payroll/Benefit Specialist with any questions.Read the full article at: https://www.wisconsin.edu/abe/